Monday 15 December 2008

From a US reader

I was delighted to receive this from a reader in the USA:
I have recently began reading your posts and the online magazine and I must say that I have enjoyed them immensely. I am 30 years old and live in the U.S. and have been hunting and fishing all of my life and I just have to say that I am in total agreement with you and your position on firearm safety. I do have a question as to where I can find a glossary of terms for hunting in the U.K. as I said I read your posts religiously and as many terms are different than we use hear and as you could imagine it can be problematic at times. I was also wondering if you could possibly steer me towards more blogs that deal with shooting and fishing in your part of the world? Thankyou for your time as I am sure you are a very busy man. Keep up the wonderful work! Kent McCartney
Kent raises a good point - there is a need for a good glossary of British shooting terms. Wikipedia has a basic overview of hunting and shooting in the UK here, but it doesn't go into much depth. It's the sort of thing that the wiki format would be well suited to, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to start. Can anyone out there help me get one started?

As for blogs, well, there aren't many covering shooting & fishing in the UK, but I enjoy this one by Nigel Milsom of the Tufton Arms hotel, and there's this one from Outside Days. Can readers recommend any others?

No comments: