Wednesday 10 March 2010

Trevor Morse had 'time to move'

An extraordinary argument is being put forward by the defence in the trial of Bryan Griffiths. They appear to be saying that Trevor Morse had 'time to move' and chose to stay put.

Are they suggesting he wanted to commit suicide? I can't see the argument 'he had time to move' cutting much ice if a car driver were to run down and kill a policeman.

Previously Griffiths had complained that Morse had been 'intrusive and aggressive', even going so far as taking photographs of him. Gasp! A bit like the way antis photograph hunt followers day in day out. Sometimes from gyrocopters.

Regardless of the outcome of this trial, it's providing a real insight into the minds of these fanatics.

UPDATE 10/3:
Inevitable, I suppose, that Griffiths is now telling the court how "extremely frightened" he was when confronted by Morse. His "primary concern was to get myself and the aircraft out of there as quickly as possible.”

4 comments:

Meconopsis said...

Depending on the outcome of this trial I think someone else will be moving and we will probably have to pay for his protection !

vicky said...

I'd have turned off the engine and locked the doors!Easy to say I suppose though in the cold light of day, I bet tempers were flared and adrenaline floing on both sides.
I doubt Bryan Griffiths intended to kill Mr Morse, but his actions were reckless. So were Mr Morse's, but the driver of a vehicle always has to consider the safety of others, even if they are in the wrong.

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

Vicky called it.
SBW

Meconopsis said...

In the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 over 100,000 people out numbered the army by thousands. Did the guy in the tank kill the protester ? No he did not.

Maybe the tank driver was safe but the foot solders for sure were out in the open.

If I was to use my car as a weapon to kill anyone it would be classed as murder. Maybe if someone had a gun or knife pointing at me I would still expect to be in trouble.

Griffis had the option of getting into a car to flee to safety.

It is also worth noting that film from the anti hunt people can not be used in a court unless authorised by the police which in this case it was not.