Monday 17 December 2007

'Award winning editor'

Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing. If you'd asked me last week what I thought about awards, you'd have got a cynical answer. Now I'm the proud recipient of an editorial award from my employers Archant – and I'm rather enjoying all the attention.

That photo of me and the ferrets has appeared in the Archant newsletter, and my equally hardworking and talented colleagues are getting every so slightly fed up with being told how blooming marvellous James is.

So expect to see "award winning editor" in the magazine's flannel panel... I shall enjoy my moment of glory, then it's back to business as usual...

Talking of which, I'm off to Aberdeen later this week to join a group of our prize-winning young shots, who are shooting geese with Andy Richardson. Watch this space for a report, photos, video and more...

No comments: