Wednesday 19 December 2007

Suburban Bushwacker

It was fun to meet Suburban Bushwacker today, and later to read his comments... As Robbie Burns said: O would some power the giftie gie us, to see ourselves as others see us. Apparently I come across as "a quintessential English journalist afield". I can live with that; it could be a lot worse!

I was inspired by SBW's enthusiasm to throw himself into shooting, hunting and eating, and more than happy to offer advice and practical help where I can. With fewer and fewer people being brought up the country way, every urban (or suburban) convert has to be a step in the right direction.

I hope we can feature SBW's progress in the mag (and on this blog) as he gets involved in activities like ferreting, learns about guns and shooting, and ultimately reaches his goal of shooting and cooking his own dinner.

Meanwhile, I have to head north to watch some young readers shoot geese in Aberdeenshire. I don't suppose we'll get much of an internet connection in the hotel, so you'll have to wait for my return to find out how we got on. And if I'm not back in time, Happy Christmas!

No comments: