Wednesday 6 January 2010

Last night I was mostly rebuilding a helicopter



My younger daughter, Vicky, gave it to me for Christmas, and by lunchtime on Christmas Day I had ham-fistedly flown it into a tree - causing all sorts of structural and mechanical damage.

I scoured eBay for the spares (2 main drive shafts and the bodyshell) and they arrived yesterday, so last night I spent several hours working with glue, solder and some very fiddly screws.

Cue fanfare, drum roll, guitar riff, or perhaps Ride of the Valkyries...




Now, I must remember to take this whole learning to fly thing one step at a time...

2 comments:

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

A daughter who bought you a helicopter!
What grater proof of your parenting could there be?

Well played Ms Marchington
SBW

James Marchington said...

Totally. I knew all that investment would pay off in the end!