Tuesday 20 May 2008

Gordon Ramsay goes ferreting

Make sure you catch Gordon Ramsay's F-Word on Channel 4 at 9pm tonight - in this week's episode Gordon takes his son Jack ferreting. Watch closely and you might just see one or two of my ferrets lending a hand...

Ramsay has already come under fire for introducing young Jack to the realities of where food comes from - see this story at the Scotsman. Apparently Jack was dispatching a rabbit with gusto, and the head came off.

My favourite quote from that story: "If I ever have a son-in-law that's a vegetarian I'd rather run around Ibrox, stark bollock naked." And what about the Advocates for Animals spokeswoman's comment: "this must have been a very distressing and upsetting experience for an eight-year-old to go through." Has this woman ever met an 8-year-old boy?

Ah well, we'll never win over people like that. Enjoy the TV programme!

1 comment:

Holly Heyser said...

I saw a reference to that in a PETA UK blog, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Those folks are lost - both to our arguments, and to reason and reality in general.