Wednesday 10 March 2010

Fings wot I done

Following this blog, you might get the idea that all I've done over the past fortnight is sit and rant at the papers. Oh no! Quite apart from attending my brother's wedding to the lovely Gwen in Edinburgh recently...


...I have been practising my rifle shooting on plastic and steel foxes with Robert Bucknell...



...freezing my wotsits off in a barn on the Isle of Wight, filming Terry Doe and George Stevens shooting crows in a 20mph wind with air rifles...


...not to mention working on plans for a possible launch of a new magazine, chasing up contributions for the next issue of Sporting Shooter, travelling here and there to take photos, reviewing products, checking page proofs, researching several news stories (including CPSA ex-CEO Phil Boakes: did he jump or was he pushed) and wasting half a day transferring my contact list onto my new mobile phone which should synch with the old one but doesn't.

Busy, busy - but all interesting stimulating stuff. And now I learn that my 'editorial workflows' are to be 'reviewed' to ensure that they're being 'resourced, run and managed' in the most efficient way possible. Truly all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Busy Busy Man!!! Tell me where can i get one of the steel fox shooting targets? which i understand Robert designed himself? Would be interested in buying wholesale and selling via my online store. see what you can do for me James. Thanks Phil

James Marchington said...

Sure - I think you'll find them here http://www.wms-firearmstraining.org/products/product.php?id=5

Meconopsis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.