Wednesday 3 February 2010

Countryside Alliance awards

On a positive note, after my recent concerns over grouse moors, today I attended the Countryside Alliance reception for their excellent Awards, or as they like to bill them, the "Rural Oscars" (I'm sure that sooner or later that's going to rile the real Oscars, who are quite protective of their trademark).

Of course I took no pleasure from the fact that, while I sipped a glass of champagne and nibbled the hors doeuvres in the warm of the Terrace, Mark Avery and co were freezing their whatsits off in the park round the corner, holding up their peregrine mosaic and handing in their Birds of Prey petition.

Great to see the CA flying the flag for the countryside generally, proving that they're much more than just a hunting lobby group.

No comments: