Thursday 19 June 2008

Salter speaks up for anglers


When I see a politician I generally cross my fingers and start muttering. Like pet rabbits, they may look cuddly but you never know when they'll bite you.

Despite my natural suspicion, I have to admit I'm warming to Labour 'spokesman for angling' Martin Salter. Anyone who gets his press office to put out a photo like the one above can't be all bad.

And now he has put out this press release (below) speaking up for anglers in a silly row with a bunch of politically correct numpties on Bewdley Town Council. Good on him!

2 comments:

wasted said...

From wikipedia

"He has been active in the struggle against the far-right, and strongly opposes fox hunting. However his vocal support for the proposed national identity card....."

He sounds confused.

Hunter Angler Gardener Cook said...

What the hell kind of fish is that? Looks like a pregnant carp...