Monday 2 July 2007

Scottish Fair



I've just got back from the Game Conservancy's Scottish Fair (www.scottishfair.com). It's the first time I've managed to attend this event, and I enjoyed it enormously. It's well-run, has a great atmosphere, and to my mind is just the right size for a fair of this type - not too big, not too small.



For me, it was a great opportunity to meet some of our Scottish readers, to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. I also got some fascinating interviews for the magazine and the podcast - on a range of subjects: from ticks, to grouse prospects for this season, to how keepers are helping in the fight against wildlife crime.



The only downside to the fair was the torrential rain which hit on Saturday afternoon - which washed me out of the tent at the back of the stand where I'd been camping, so the last night was spent in the car!

Watch the magazine and the podcast for more on what we got up to at the fair - and make a date to attend next year; it's a great event!

No comments: